Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Plans

So I've decided that I want to make a long bike trip. Since leaving my last place of employment, I've felt like something has been missing. I know how silly that sounds and everyone says something to that effect at some point, but it's the truth. I need to, shall we say, reset myself? As that thought goes, I've decided that an extended trip on my motorcycle is in order. I have yet to define "extended", but I do know that it will involve several states and a few nights spent on the road. I fancy making the cross country trek to Seattle as a means to see my best friend who moved there and left me all alone on the east coast.

To say I have some planning to do is obvious. I've been doing all the maintenance on my bike this past week (thank goodness for BMW reliability eh?) and I will start looking into some better gear for the trip such as better boots, a more seasonable jacket, some riding pants (jeans on a long trip? no thanks) and some more suitable gloves. I also have to consider luggage so I'll be checking out some BMW hard bags as well as some aftermarket items. New tires as my front has perhaps 2k miles left on it, some new PIAA l.e.d. lights so I can actually see at night...well, the list goes on.

But first, a destination needs to be determined.

1 comment:

  1. You on a road trip on the bike? Why is it parts of the movie wild hogs keep flashing in my mind.

    ReplyDelete